|Known relatives|| Kim Arnsbrach Rackham Summers - Mazer's ex-wife|
Pahu Rangi - Mazer's son
Pai Mahutanga - Mazer’s daughter
Kahui Kura (English name Mirth) - Pai Mahutanga's daughter
Pao Pao Te Rangi (English name Glad) - Pai Mahutanga's daughter
Mazer Taka Aho Howarth - Pai Mahutanga's son
Struan Maeroero - Pai Mahutanga's infant son
| Ender's Game|
Mazer in Prison
Shadow of the Giant
Ender in Exile
Mazer Rackham was a general from the Second Invasion, as well as a soldier in the First formic war, who won the war for Earth. Many consider him just lucky, but it turns out that he actually figured out a pattern of the Formic (Bugger) ships and destroyed the Queen.
After the war, he was sent back into space for 55 years at near the speed of light so he could be alive to train the general for the Third Invasion, Ender.
His close family died during his trip, so training Ender has all of his attention. In the film Ender's Game, Mazer Rackham is played by Ben Kingsley. He has tattoos on his entire face. In the movie he pilots and leads a squadron of F-35s in the midst of the invasion, and after one of the planes is shot down, he flies straight up into a Formic mothership and ejects out of the jet, causing him to win the war.
- "I am your enemy, the first one you've ever had who was smarter than you. There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will ever tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you when he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. I am your enemy from now on. From now on, I am your teacher."
- "Humanity does not ask us to be happy. It merely asks us to be brilliant on its behalf. Survival first, then happiness as we can manage it." - Mazer Rackham to Ender Wiggin
- "Since when do you have to tell the enemy when he has won?"
- "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man stupid and blind in the eyes."
- "You were reckless, brilliant and young."
- "Rackham65 nodded. Then he reached inside his jacket and took out a pen and laid it on the table. "What's that?" asked Han Tzu." The mandate of heaven," said Rackham." -Shadow of the Giant.